I have been known to rock some swamp juice on occasion (served best in a craft brewery glass worthy of beer nerd pinky extension). Usually in the summer time I forgo many a meal in exchange for a nutritionally dense slurry of nuts and berries brutally spun into enough roughage to render one’s output green for a day.
When some random hipster on YouTube mentioned having a “smoothie bowl,” needless to say I was intrigued.
Could this be the avocado toast of the future?
Survey’s still out on that one, folks. But trust me, this is one decadent way to rock your morning cereal!
- 1 packet Acai Puree (Trader Joe’s sells some in the freezer aisle)
- 1 cup frozen organic blueberries
- 1 scoop Vega Protein & Greens
- Metric Crap Ton (2-3 handfuls) of Mixed Baby Greens (I use the Power Greens from Earthbound Farms)
- 1-2c Filtered water, flax milk, or whatever liquid base you want to use for your smoothie (use less for more of a slushy smoothie base or more if you like it runny)
Blend all this funny business together. Pour it in a bowl.
Add fresh fruit, cereal, nuts, seeds, whatever to your bowl.